|Functional summary||Analytical. Planner. Information organizer and presenter. Team builder and coach. Dialog facilitator. Financial analysis & Management accounting. Needs-satisfaction marketer. Creative solution provider. Diligent with detail and process. Experienced, technically-capable developer of solutions into fruition.|
|Employment||Jan ‘14 to present Self-employed Jacksonville FL
Energy Advisor / Climate Change Issues Advocate
· Consulting: Sierra Club national campaign technical consultant / Local community projects participant.
|Sep ‘07 to present Self-employed Jacksonville FL
Finance, Accounting, Administration, Marketing & Planning for Non-Profit Organizations
· Consulting: local enviro-law institute, land trust, public parks and river advocacy groups.
|July ’08 to Jan. ‘14 Southern Alliance for Clean Energy Jacksonville FL
Florida Energy Policy Manager HQ: Knoxville TN
· Fostering clean energy development with legislators, gov’t officials, utilities, business and other stakeholders.
· Focus: industry & government policy responses to Florida & region needs for energy efficiency & renewable energy.
· Active in FPSC energy efficiency processes with 7 major utilities: Financial and technical analysis and reporting.
· Strong player in group processes—consensus builder while contributing to careful and critical analysis and reporting
|1996-2007 Landstar System Charlotte NC and Jacksonville FL
Vice President – Marketing & Planning / Business Development
· Part of leadership team that grew a struggling $10MM firm to a $750MM success; part of a nationwide company.
· Key player in Florida and national disaster response logistics 1998-2006 (including Hurricane Katrina).
· Information Systems: drove early and continuing web-based innovations; managed and developed IS staff.
· Strong customer-oriented business model, grounded in developing entrepreneurship with independent agencies.
|Director Roadway Global Air – Pricing/Costing/Marketing Services Indianapolis IN
· Marketing and financial analysis and planning, worldwide business. Goal setting, pricing, systems. Staff up to 33.
|Manager American Airlines – Financial Systems analyst, then mgr. Dallas-Fort Worth TX
Cargo Revenue Mgmt. & Pricing Dev. U.S. & international scope. Staff: up to 24.
|Manager H. J. Wilson Co. – Financial Systems Baton Rouge LA|
|Education||MBA – Management, Finance & Accounting; Marketing and planning interests; Intramural sports.
University of Chicago Chicago IL
|BA – Public Administration; Political science award; Active in student gov’t and outdoor activities.
Miami University Oxford OH
|Volunteer experience||2004-present JEA Clean Power Stakeholders Committee Jacksonville FL
Member; Fostering clean air emissions, alternative fuels, energy-efficiency and reliable electric power in region.
|2011-present North Florida Clean Fuels Coalition Jacksonville FL
Member, Board of Directors; Fostering alternative fuels and energy-efficient vehicles in region.
|2003-present Sierra Club (28,000± Florida members) Jacksonville FL
Conservation Chair – Sierra Club Florida (Treasurer since 2008; chapter Executive Com 2008-2014);
ExecCom – Northeast Florida Group; Florida Campaigner – Energy / Climate / Land Use
· Conduct campaigns for community education, outdoor recreation, habitat conservation, and air and water quality protection, including research, political, legal and public participation elements. Focus: climate and resource use.
|2008-present North Florida Land Trust Jacksonville FL
Member, Board of Directors; Treasurer (2014) & Land Conservation & Stewardship Com.
· Fostering local critical land & habitat acquisition.
|2009-2011 Florida Building Commission Tallahassee FL
Member, 2010 Energy Code Workgroup (Advisors to FBC Executive Director & Energy TAC)
· Active participant in statewide dialog among stakeholders and specialists. Active in lobbying for energy efficiency.
|2007-2008 Florida Energy Commission Tallahassee FL
Member, Climate Change Advisory Group / Advisor to Transportation Committee
· Active participant in statewide dialog among stakeholders and scientists. Active in lobbying for Florida Energy Bill.
|Active in civic/community dialog; foster collaboration with kindred groups; Lecture at colleges/schools, garden and civic clubs, government and business group meetings. Develop and conduct training programs. Testify before City Councils, County Commissions and state boards; work with government and corporate officials and staff. Recurring contact with media. Develop new volunteers and funding. Long-time student of meteorology, climate, economics, energy, urban form, logistics and transportation, engineering, home building, ecology, public utility regulation, and environmental and political science.|